Parents of, or persons in parental relation to, compulsory school-age children have the legal right to instruct their children at home. If a child is being educated at home, the local school district must be assured that the child is receiving the instruction in certain required courses/subjects.
Parents who wish to home school their children must provide written notice of intent to the school district superintendent. The school district must then respond to the family and provide a copy of the home instruction regulations as well as an individualized home instruction plan (IHIP) form to complete. Parents are responsible for identifying the curriculum materials that they will use to instruct their children in the required subject areas.
The following documents are required of families that wish to pursue homeschooling:
- Letter of Intent to Home-School (prior to the start of the school year.)
- Individualized Home Instruction Plan (IHIP) (September) 100.10 Home Instruction
- Quarterly Progress Reports:
4. Final Assessment/Averages - due June 23, 2023
- First Quarter - November 10, 2022
- Second Quarter - January 27, 2023
- Third Quarter - March 31, 2023
- Fourth Quarter - June 23, 2023
Please contact the building principal if you have questions.